Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post Re: Where are we (the devs) dropping the ball?
Empathique wrote:
cause they lack spines
and are lame pussies who like to complain just because somehting was made more difficult. these are problay also the people who say they want more pvp but complain when they acctualy get hit.

Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:49 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: ashta the 2nd
Level: 3810

This game is far too easy. I can do any DG in the game and for the majority of the time i do not need a healer not that this is an issue as i always have one sat on gate on auto heal. The Dg loot i get is shit. I get no items its always dem, dem frags, att t20 kits, massif 3 bp, speedy sup range aug. Im up to about 20-30 att t20 kits this uni alone. high lvl DGs are too repetitive, 8 lvls of MF reavers followed by a GB boss with 2 MF reaver guards or whatever is not a challenge, an SD with an athena+ can solo a "high dps" DG such as that.

All ubers are pathetic, yes, even emp. Emp is far too easy and imo shud require 15 GOOD players to complete, this means most likely 15 UZ ships an app ward+ with end game gear on ships. Anni needs a shield cap, maybe 4mil more shields will do? At the Moment when i do him with my friend i CANNOT heal my friend before anni is dead, its a case of warp in lincin for 2 seconds scoop the useless loot to stockpile even more PoTs and even more anny scales and warp out. Barty is a total joke, an SD can kill him so fst with jiji that i dont even want to kill it with a dps class.

Bana does less dps than an actual player and although its shield is fine maybe slightly low, her dps are so easy to heal a standard ward+ augged 2 shm exp pte can out heal both bana queens dmg and a lion using lion maul with lincins.

MS.....i like MS its a challenge, kind of, needs more damage though i was able to tank it in a monkey rhino for a long time. Also make tractoring get his agro.

Sputty. same with barty, not enough dps and easily kited and ranged with a 3 shot and vollies.

prince. Next to no DPs, soak his neg firing grem or force him to use lasers and just tank and spank. again only takes one semi decent dps.

rhino. same as others, utterly pathetic and can be killed by one SD and one monkey.....one SD and one monkey with his neg shield aura....underpowered uber maybe?

Cess good dps, tends to wander off, tankable by zerker, avoidable by the monkey, killed in seconds with MD + tractor.

Lion. I like lion although maybe more shields.

nate. Sit behind kill takes little dps to kill. receive no dmg from him

Alby same as nate ^^

Copper. I stopped going there. I consider it lvl 100-200 content.

Vigi. no shields and no dps. a DM can fully solo.

Midas, needs more laser damage.

DC. Less shield bank than my panther its a case of i will kite you and kill you before you kill me.

THey all blur into one they are so easy so if i forgot any just presume they are too easy. Oh yer hives. also too easy takes 3 chars to kill, no necessarily 3 ppl ^^. Also theres too many of them.

SO as you can see you certainly have dropped the ball with ubers, infact i recently faced a MF pick that was a lot harder than annaconda so hey go figure :p give them all a HUGE damage bonus/shield bonus and they will still be easy but not TOO easy. Beef them up and i will erm i will hug each of you :)

Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:13 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: norrath
Level: 1951

With all due respect, a lvl 2.2k player should be the last person to call the game "easy". look at your lvl and how long you have been playing, I would hope that you could clear almost anything solo.

That being said I want to see some WoW style ubers, much like the one that was talked about for the new bana UZ. Ubers that, upon warping in, take into account the groups (EVERYONE in the room) shield, skills, potential dps, ship stats, augs etc etc and beef itself accordingly so that there are no fly by night runs.

My team cleared out lion in a damn decent amount of time with my lvl 970 FC, a capship gunner, one decent shmonk, and a "combat" shmonk, we should not have killed lion as easily as we did or rhino for that matter.

Julian cannot post, because the FBI are watching ;)

Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:51 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladinofdoom
Level: 3693

Ash, they're not all easy for all of us. And if they beef 'em all up even further, it makes it even more impossible for anyone to do them without help from those that have gone before.
Possibly best if they add new ubers for people with excellent gear and setups such as yourself?

*looks around for the new UZ*

Anyway - that's off topic, and often repeated when someone makes a suggestion such as Ashta. Still, he has a point.

So - The ball, and the dropping of it -

I think there should be more buildable gear for classes, to provide an alternative for those that cannot do UZ, and who might not want to buy gear from those players who can. The gear would be for a similar cost, of course. I imagine things like hull-based shields/energies/etc, built drones, and other things.. requiring varied commods, time, and money.
Currently there's not all that much I can build for myself at my level which would be helpful. And I dislike the fact that I need to collect the armada series of drones to be any good at all. I'd love to be able to build and replace my own drones, for a suitable cost, of course.

Paladin,

This guy gets my full Jiggle!

He is full of awesomesauce, and Jigglyness, buy from him!

Kanga

Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:54 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Splatts
Level: 5144

I have simply to say: Balance and Added content and gear for those who have achieved a level and playing time that carried them to 2k plus levels.

Balance, balance in the skills that make PvP and other player fighting a bit even. Not everyone on this game has a compliment of 2 accounts or 5 fully developed characters for that matter to fairly and evenly fight off other players. As an age of more individual PvP and war has returned to SS there is a lack of true combat balance. I won't get into any long drawn out listing of where that balance may come from. If anyone want's my opinion on that they can ask me. I do however believe that a player with a certain skill type and level (sometimes much lower level) should be able to on a whim easily take out a different skill player because of the focus skills that a player has chosen. I also don't believe nerfing skills or making items ship specific / skill specific are real fixes. As an example to this look at DM, before the change in skills and bringing in Focus Skills an average level DM with average or a good set of augs could after level 500 make a fairly even go with players of other skills. When the skill change and focus classes came into the game they came with targeted items and augs. What was nerfed admittedly game wide was aug stacking and drones / DM skills were changed to accomodate the ways that creative players used multiple augs to stack ROF, Damage and, Range. The fix was to nerf the skill and gamewide make augs unstackable. Aug stacking was not broken gamewide and DM was not overpowered without aug stacking. So instead of making the skill specific augs one of a type per ship (Def Ops, Gen Ops, Off Ops) it was nerfstick time. Ultimately instead of balancing the ability of the players to kill one another and do the game content it weakened a good class to a point that a large amount of players found their way to a new skill. I don't deny that a DM or ShM became more useful and needed on runs and in some situations but the skill of DM alone became seriously lowered in their ability to fight others. There will always be parts of this game that are a bit off and give a small advantage to one player or another but the general norm should account for PvP as much as it is being pushed in this game as of late and to the player that may be any skill of player. For the most part the game is fair and making a run with a group is even yet when it comes to PvP and some solo content why should one skill not be able to keep up reguardless of setup?

To Content: Since much of leveling has gone through the roof in part from things that have become or always were broken. Some made their levels without those things but others took advantage of things that were not intended to be used the way they were. High level players do need content that is challenging for them to solo and that can give them more than 3xp. Those AI or Ubers if in space that people who cannot fight or survive need to be aggressive to only players of level 2k or above and those that take their chances of attacking etc.. Maybe even make it so only certain level of player can attack it. I also think it's time to add in gear and different skills that players who have everything can obtain.

Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:56 pm

Finish new UZ and Client 2.. and if there are enough new players coming in with the undoubtable advertising blitz jeff will go on.. create a second "Ladder" server, which resets completely one a year. That would be in my opinion, the best way to keep the game fresh, as well as properly balanced.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:32 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761

ashta1989 wrote:
This game is far too easy. I can do any DG in the game and for the majority of the time i do not need a healer not that this is an issue as i always have one sat on gate on auto heal. The Dg loot i get is shit. I get no items its always dem, dem frags, att t20 kits, massif 3 bp, speedy sup range aug. Im up to about 20-30 att t20 kits this uni alone. high lvl DGs are too repetitive, 8 lvls of MF reavers followed by a GB boss with 2 MF reaver guards or whatever is not a challenge, an SD with an athena+ can solo a "high dps" DG such as that.

All ubers are pathetic, yes, even emp. Emp is far too easy and imo shud require 15 GOOD players to complete, this means most likely 15 UZ ships an app ward+ with end game gear on ships. Anni needs a shield cap, maybe 4mil more shields will do? At the Moment when i do him with my friend i CANNOT heal my friend before anni is dead, its a case of warp in lincin for 2 seconds scoop the useless loot to stockpile even more PoTs and even more anny scales and warp out. Barty is a total joke, an SD can kill him so fst with jiji that i dont even want to kill it with a dps class.

Bana does less dps than an actual player and although its shield is fine maybe slightly low, her dps are so easy to heal a standard ward+ augged 2 shm exp pte can out heal both bana queens dmg and a lion using lion maul with lincins.

MS.....i like MS its a challenge, kind of, needs more damage though i was able to tank it in a monkey rhino for a long time. Also make tractoring get his agro.

Sputty. same with barty, not enough dps and easily kited and ranged with a 3 shot and vollies.

prince. Next to no DPs, soak his neg firing grem or force him to use lasers and just tank and spank. again only takes one semi decent dps.

rhino. same as others, utterly pathetic and can be killed by one SD and one monkey.....one SD and one monkey with his neg shield aura....underpowered uber maybe?

Cess good dps, tends to wander off, tankable by zerker, avoidable by the monkey, killed in seconds with MD + tractor.

Lion. I like lion although maybe more shields.

nate. Sit behind kill takes little dps to kill. receive no dmg from him

Alby same as nate ^^

Copper. I stopped going there. I consider it lvl 100-200 content.

Vigi. no shields and no dps. a DM can fully solo.

Midas, needs more laser damage.

DC. Less shield bank than my panther its a case of i will kite you and kill you before you kill me.

THey all blur into one they are so easy so if i forgot any just presume they are too easy. Oh yer hives. also too easy takes 3 chars to kill, no necessarily 3 ppl ^^. Also theres too many of them.

SO as you can see you certainly have dropped the ball with ubers, infact i recently faced a MF pick that was a lot harder than annaconda so hey go figure :p give them all a HUGE damage bonus/shield bonus and they will still be easy but not TOO easy. Beef them up and i will erm i will hug each of you :)

just because everything is easy for you, dosent mean people who dont have several dozen bil in gear and augs dosent find something hard, for SS to continue, there needs to be more players, and how would they gt into playing when they need to have UZ ships and demented augs to kill anything?

the solution to the problem should be adding more content, hopefully the urqa UZ is done soon.. it would even be better if it was opened in stages, the first level and uber comes out now, then when each stage is finished it gets added on, that would solve most players "im bored because i can kill everything" problem, (provided that the urqa UZ is sufficiently hard), because TBH, fighitng something new thats ridiculously hard is fun, jumping into an old uber to find that its 20x harder is NOT fun, its just annoying....

the one place where the devs REALLY are droppign the ball is actually putting stuff in, flicker, wattage, pax capship, new drones, stuff like that

except emp... beef emp, its a little too easy compared to how much of a pain in the ass it is to get the keys from Lion boss

Last edited by landswimmer on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:16 am

IF the new Urqa UZ is not hard i can see you losing a lot of the end game playerbase due to lack of challenging content. So when it comes to balancing balance it for it to take a lot of END GAME players please :)

Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:19 am
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

villiroth wrote:
That being said I want to see some WoW style ubers.

Yes... our ubers compared to WoW are so different. In the 25 man raids the boss will have an Enrage timer, after a set amount of time the boss will be buffed to unkillable and oneshot the raids. This timer in some of the Ulduar content was 12 minutes+ and even with 25 people alive the whole time it was difficult to kill bosses inside the timer. In Starsonata 3 people can kill a boss in about 3 seconds.
In WoW a single mistake by one person can wipe the entire raid... in Starsonata your monkey can disconnect and you will still win.

Ubers need to be an event, they need to require coordination, and they need to require a squad. Ideally in my world I would need to completely redesign Starsonata to make ubers how I see them in my vision.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:45 am

i declare a retitle from ubers to slightly above average ai.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:54 am
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

Sodomy wrote:
Finish new UZ and Client 2.. and if there are enough new players coming in with the undoubtable advertising blitz jeff will go on.. create a second "Ladder" server, which resets completely one a year. That would be in my opinion, the best way to keep the game fresh, as well as properly balanced.

qft

Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:59 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

MagicSteve wrote:
Ubers need to be an event, they need to require coordination, and they need to require a squad. Ideally in my world I would need to completely redesign Starsonata to make ubers how I see them in my vision.

Ok, so a group of level 2500 players who would be challenged by the new UZ go there and kill those ubers, get locked out for a week or lose all their gg trying to kill the ones that are too hard, so what do they do? Or maybe they don't have 15 high level buddies online right at the moment, so what do they do? They go back and kill anni, MS, Princess, etc while they wait for their new bana UZ ships to build, and make posts in the suggestions forum about how they should be allowed to sell their old, obsolete Panthers in slave form. The uber that requires a horde of level 900 players is a yawn for the higher level guy MCing his ShM and Zerker.

I've never played WoW, but this business of ubers beefing or nerfing themselves to fit the players attacking them sounds like one of the stupidest ideas I've heard of in awhile. Sure, it may get the WoW devs off the hook for more content, but why should low level players get to kill the same stuff, with the same amount of difficulty as high level players?

I'm not really sure how this applies to the devs dropping the ball though. Apparently something like the new UZ takes years to develop, and asking for anything more from a group the size of the SS team is unreasonable. If it just isn't possible for them to push out new content any faster than they currently are, then it's not fair to accuse them of dropping the ball when we progress past the current content.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:54 pm
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

Dorin Nube wrote:
I've never played WoW, but this business of ubers beefing or nerfing themselves to fit the players attacking them sounds like one of the stupidest ideas I've heard of in awhile. Sure, it may get the WoW devs off the hook for more content, but why should low level players get to kill the same stuff, with the same amount of difficulty as high level players?

I have played WoW, and I have never seen that mechanic, and I have no doubt the playerbase would be furious if it was implemented. If I had invested alot of cash in a setup I would expect it to be better than a cheaper setup...

Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:11 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

ashta1989 wrote:
i declare a retitle from ubers to slightly above average ai.

i second the motion

btw beef the shit out of copper plz forgones and BGs are harder to kill, picks are comparable to blob in terms of difficulty

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:16 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

Copper blob is supposed to be one of the easiest ubers to do. It rarely drops good loot, its in W0 or W1 usually, and its for the most basic of t20 skills...it should be on par with scorch or speedy, TBH. Which it is. Its a good, fun fight, designed for lowish(level 500) players.

I would really like to see what would happen if there was a complete system reset like has been suggested before. If people had to kill the blob with porps and OS torts, would they still cry that its so weak?

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:06 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next