Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Post Re: Where are we (the devs) dropping the ball?
yugioh124 wrote:
Even if Axis Inc was a big team, there is a hard cap of 150 chars. Every person has 5 chars. Care to explain that?

I made that discussion topic in the EF Forum for a reason. Go read it.

Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:39 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

Dorin Nube wrote:

/sigh. Have you ever actually played with multiple launchers? I have. I've also explained over and over again in these forums that getting the maximum use of more than 2 or 3 launchers is impossible 99.9% of the time. In fact, sustaining max ROF from ONE launcher is impossible unless your target is sitting dead still for you.

No. As a lvl 2200 gunner I obviously know nothing about my class. Obviously you with your highest alt NOT a gunner know a great deal more then me. It is impossible that I know ANYTHING at all.
Why should I? Not like I am one of the higher level gunners in game..

I ALWAYS use multiple launchers. Also, if you play it right pve you can almost always be 60 distance away in a hf. Get 6 launchers on a hf, and you do insane dps.

As for the elec issue. A large at missile is 5500 dmg. Costs 500 elec to fire. Thats 11dpe. Go show me a weapon that does there. Therefore its much more dmg per elec for whatever setup you use to power it.

With 6 launchers i get 20k or so dps on missiles.. which is insane. And yes I have to be 60 distance. However it is rediculously easy to get 60 distance on ais.

Seriously, Stop trying to tell me I know nothing about gunner. You wana post as if you know everything, post on your accoutn where you have a lvl 2000+ gunner.. If you have one. Until then, I think I know more then you about it.

Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:04 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: Hooch Dealer
Level: 4473

carterstrain wrote:
Nuromishi wrote:
MagicSteve wrote:
Are you Churchill?

He is as is evident by how much he talks about Churchill and that they both so happen to have the same team.

We have 100-200 active members of Axis Inc. I could be anyone of them.

Dude please stop posting for your own sake.

http://www.gbtv.com
http://www.theblaze.com

Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:14 pm
Profile YIM
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

Bluejayek wrote:
Seriously, Stop trying to tell me I know nothing about gunner. You wana post as if you know everything, post on your accoutn where you have a lvl 2000+ gunner.. If you have one. Until then, I think I know more then you about it.

Nope, my gunner is just a bit under level 1200. He is the second gunner I've taken to that level though. I changed the first one into an ShM. Besides, don't pretend you have to be level 2k to know how to use a missile, or to be able to do some simple arithmetic. The Large APs are only T16, and I used the mediums, which work exactly the same, before I could use the larges. So, no. I don't agree that your extra 800 levels of grinding away on platties or lion guards before the nerf, or whatever else gave you any magical knowledge about how missiles work. What level was that alt when you switched it to gunner anyway?
BlueJayak wrote:
With 6 launchers i get 20k or so dps on missiles.. which is insane. And yes I have to be 60 distance. However it is rediculously easy to get 60 distance on ais.

REALLY??? In that case, you should rethink your setup. 20k dps comes out to *roughly* 3.64 missiles per second, which you should be able to accomplish with only 3 launchers. Then, you could use the extra 141 space for a shield cap or something to keep you alive for a few seconds longer while you're trying to maneuver to maintain precisly 60 distance from your target in a DG and that target's buddies are gangbanging you.

So, why are you only getting about 2/3 of the dps that is theoretically possible from six launchers? Maybe it's because 60 distance isn't close enough to allow for full RoF, especially since, if I recall correctly, HF missile launchers only control 2 missiles ( I could certainly be wrong on that. I don't use HFs). That could be the reason, or it could be any of the other difficulties that I included in my last post.

I mean no sarcsm when I say this: I am seriously impressed if you can actually maintain even the 20k dps that you claim. The ability to maneuver your ship to a precise, close distance from a moving AI despite lag and desyncs, while pressing a hotkey almost 4 times per second continuously is very very impressive. I'm sitting here timing myself, and it seems that I am able to just barely tap my finger on the desk 4 times per second, but I can't keep it up for very long and I am not trying to pilot my ship precisely at the same time. I'd have to say your ability to do so is nearly superhuman, meaning that it is YOU who is broken, not the gunner class and not missiles.

Would you care to share your technique? I usually have my middle finger on the W key with my index finger on the D key and ring finger on the A key. Assuming I leave my right hand on the mouse to open new crates and pick new targets, that means I have to take my ring finger off the A key to spam the #1 hotkey for missiles. One finger extended all the way to the top of the keyboard is not that coordinated, plus doing so takes away my ability to turn left, making that precision piloting even harder. I'd really love to know how you accomplish it.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:15 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8