Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Dev Team

Post Where are we (the devs) dropping the ball?
We haven't had a thread in a while that gives your guys (the players) a chance to voice your top most concern or aggravation with the game. I hope to fix that. I've had my head down with working client v2 for a long while. (No ETA just yet btw, so don't ask :P )

Constructive criticisms only and please be articulate and specific.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:23 am
Profile WWW
Team: Traders
Main: KorGgenT
Level: 2525

Post Re: Where are we (the devs) dropping the ball?
Basils are overpowered.
Flicker and Wattage aren't in yet.(we, the players, were told they'd be in by the start of this uni)

The things about engineers:
1. The big tanking drones aren't in yet
2. The Engineer missions are not able to all be done on one char yet
3. There is only 1 tweak factory that exists in the game
4. The only Engineer Beams that exist you can buy in an ai base (that would mean add more, do not take away the ones that are already there.)
5. Tractoring only goes up to 16.

That's all i can think of right now.

It's all a scam! omg!!!!

Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:32 am
Team: Traders
Main: Pietro
Level: 1932

I have one. The aura for engineers, or the one bought in lyceum can only be used to EF ships. I find that unneeded(sp) seeing how most of us fly Astro's as our DM ships, or a rhino if we've got the cash. I'm not sure a lot of us use EF ships as our main use of droning.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:16 am
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

Unideny wrote:
I have one. The aura for engineers, or the one bought in lyceum can only be used to EF ships. I find that unneeded(sp) seeing how most of us fly Astro's as our DM ships, or a rhino if we've got the cash. I'm not sure a lot of us use EF ships as our main use of droning.

Those auras are so that 1 DM uses a capital ship, to lesser himself, but to better everyone else on the Run.

GUNNER AURAS!!!!! MAKE SOME!
please :D

Time Warp

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:19 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Black Marker
Level: 2930

Tregish wrote:
-Basils are overpowered.
-Flicker and Wattage aren't in yet.(we, the players, were told they'd be in by the start of this uni)
-Ruin items are completly unbalanced in stats and price

Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:20 am
Main: Rocket's Slaves '03
Level: 2126

I was so pissed off when I seen the forcefield drones aren't in yet....

PaperTiger wrote:
/response

Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:47 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Teh Haxzorz
Level: 2443

The thing that aggravates me the most is the account base slot restriction, which was put in years ago that doesn't appear to fit the new universe size. Unless ofcourse the admins intend to keep the restriction in for practical reasons, such as an increased number of bases would increase the load on the server (I read this somewhere)?

Also, the MF variations of AI (Juju's, Forgones etc.) have been lowered either intentionally or accidently. For example, the Forgones that MF 3 torps are only level 1k now, and are harder than the level 1.6k variants, whereas last uni (and every uni before) they were around 1.2k, and although even then the difficulty didn't match the level, you got more XP for killing them.

And yes, like everyone else seems to be saying, Basils are too powerful for their level. The fact that BG's are easier to kill and are several hundred levels higher should prove my point well enough. Either nerf the basils, or increase their level.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:00 am
Team: Zero Gravity
Main: Zotowan Q
Level: 479

A couple minor suggestions.

1) Make sure that players can only sell their ship to an AI base once it has all the gear, bar neuro-bound or sticky items or equipped augmenters, off it. This should limit the number of 'I sold my ship and don't have any money to buy another one what do I do???' questions in help chat, not to mention some real screw-ups concerning troubles like this in the game.

2) All of the alien races are lacking heavily in one gear category or the other - for example, the Faranji have no engines, Bule no real stealthy shields aside from bionic wall, so on and so forth. Add more ruin gear to fill in these gaps please?

3) Sniper gear, maybe some minor tweaks to sniper class. That's really about it - we were given info on some nifty weapons by Jeff, and they still aren't here yet, aside from pulsius sharpshooter.

4) Increase either the energy bank or regen on certain energy-hungry drones like Mzungu mining defenders or Ares drones so that they can fire independently for a couple minutes before needing to recharge, to make them more useful.

That's about it for now, really.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:24 am
Profile WWW
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladinofdoom
Level: 3693

Quote:
The thing that aggravates me the most is the account base slot restriction, which was put in years ago that doesn't appear to fit the new universe size. Unless ofcourse the admins intend to keep the restriction in for practical reasons, such as an increased number of bases would increase the load on the server (I read this somewhere)?

We don't have F2P bases anymore, so that should make up for any loss in server power that extra P2P bases might cause? Well, some of it, at least?

Has an admin replied about this topic yet?

Paladin,

This guy gets my full Jiggle!

He is full of awesomesauce, and Jigglyness, buy from him!

Kanga

Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:50 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Black Marker
Level: 2930

also the 16h respawn on nath
how is it that only 1 team a day can do nath?

Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:54 am
Team: Blueberry Pancakes
Main: ywigundamrules2003
Level: 2782

I want to see a bigger variety of missiles gunners dont have a lot in the way of gunner only gear. Anything anything a gunner can use so can any one else. More missiles as in Heat, Surgical, Grem missiles as in they cause mass area grem, Missiles that can be detinated by the person firing them for precise area attacks, Stealth missiles, They would be a fast Black and White Missile that goes in and out of radar a skipper if you will, Maybe even then option to customize missile payloads like added drill tips or something onto them to cut into resists or boosters to add speed. With that you have Add on factories to modd missile crates. Also Different Space Mines would be an idea, such as ones that when enemy enters range they fly at them. other would be stationary and would require the player to on or near them to trigger, these would be stealth mines i assume, Also missile platforms, like drones but fire different types of missiles depending on the platform.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:28 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: brindlebull
Level: 5143

gundamrules2003 wrote:
I want to see a bigger variety of missiles gunners dont have a lot in the way of gunner only gear. Anything anything a gunner can use so can any one else. More missiles as in Heat, Surgical, Grem missiles as in they cause mass area grem, Missiles that can be detinated by the person firing them for precise area attacks, Stealth missiles, They would be a fast Black and White Missile that goes in and out of radar a skipper if you will, Maybe even then option to customize missile payloads like added drill tips or something onto them to cut into resists or boosters to add speed. With that you have Add on factories to modd missile crates. Also Different Space Mines would be an idea, such as ones that when enemy enters range they fly at them. other would be stationary and would require the player to on or near them to trigger, these would be stealth mines i assume, Also missile platforms, like drones but fire different types of missiles depending on the platform.

awesome ideas gundam!

and Unideny that goes for ShMs too.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:59 am
Main: norrath
Level: 1951

- Ruin, and the vast majority of items that require piracy and peace making.

- Basil are just plain OP

- and fighters radars either dont seem to be affected by FC or the base stats are so low it doesnt matter anyway (same with missles, both absolutely fail vs anything remotely low vis even though i can see it just fine)

Julian cannot post, because the FBI are watching ;)

Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:26 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: ashta the 2nd
Level: 3810

Bring in seer weps, sniper weps, a DM only energy thats equally as useful as the myriad reserve is for MF, fix base gear so that achilles Z is not so OP, make anni gear useful and worth the dement, more consistency from admins on responses to game related issues, fix base slots, more end game shields worth using too plz :)

Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:30 am
Main: BaRR
Level: 2416

The complete and utter dependance on a team.

You want to base build? Get a team. It'll get destroyed without one. You will get killed while building the base.

You want to PvP? Get a team. You'll be hunted down and annihilated without a team to declare war and back you up.

You want to kill high-level stuff? Get a team. Nobody's going to take you on a run without being paid 1b+ first.

You want to build a really nice ship? Get a team. You'll never get all the resources yourself - and even if you do, you still need a base.

You want to make friends? Get a team. The friends list is out of the way and the likelyhood of you remembering who you befriended is low.

Out of all the games I've played, Star Sonata's universal team-oriented gameplay; while enjoyable for some, is extremely restricting. This is the exact reason I'm not paying right now. My team has "borrowed" my Death Striker (which I had worked so hard to obtain) and has not returned it for several months. Despite my topic on the Team Forum getting around 10 views from other members, there have been no responses.

I don't expect it back anymore, I doubt they ever planned to return it.

Now, this all could have been avoided if I wasn't forced to rely completely on a team. I may not be playing anymore, but I think my opinion should matter because it explains why I no longer play!

Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:38 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next