Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Main: Turbinia
Level: 3134

I dont know whether or not it was your intent, but the ships ^ are in a format that we cant use for ingame. If you could post the png game style ships here or on your profile that would be great. This is realy in my opinion some of your best work. Everything is very clean and all components seem to be isolated and each worked to where they look thier best in the final product. 5 out of 5 on the zebu for me.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:23 pm
Team: East Vindia Raiders
Main: Sicuro
Level: 1540

I can't legally post anything that I make for Star Sonata in a usable format at the moment... with out risking the loss of my job. The best I can do is a unofficial release with them on a solid background.

When I was remaking the Zebu, I was looking at that sleek ship in Star Wars Episode One, plus the Personal Space Craft from Anarchy Online. I came to the conclusion that making it look more metallic would be a nice idea. From there I tried to keep it the same as the old one, dimension wise. Left the line on the front to make the center of the ship look longer. I also make the center transparent.

I liked the story by the way. I have liked most of the stories I have seen here.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:52 pm
Profile WWW

Post a
Heres the next part of the tale of young space adventurer, Leet Atol. Hope you enjoy.
[color=orange]
~~~Installment 2~~~

Leet streaked across the sky in his new ship. He was on autopilot yet still he felt as if the craft was his wings. With each loop of the helix through the atmosphere he climbed another mile higher and another mile closer to the void. His ship is of the not even new yet FastLane class of Zebu+. He named it Hida after a girl he is courting.

His father thinks he has never been to space before, but Leet Atol went last summer with some friends. His one friend was having his 16th birthday and the other had already gotten a Volcum for his birthday, so they each told their parents that they would be at the others house for a surprise party. Things where tense for a while when Hida and her friend decided they would play stowaway, but all five had ended up having the time of their lives cruising the galaxy pretending to take shots at space rats. Leet couldn’t remember much of the trip other than the way Hida’s hair floated in 0g.

Now he was almost out of the atmosphere and he received a orbital insertion frequency on course for the space station Prudence which orbited Mars and keep track of all outgoing ships. Leet had been awed by Gregor’s apparent flying skill when he took them for their joy ride, but now he could see Gregor was really just relying on autopilot. The assent was smooth and swift, going from ground level to docking in geosynchronous orbit without a single apparent course change.

“This is Mars-Port command please disable shields as you dock and prepare for customs officials.â€

Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:48 pm

The current images aren't exactly movie friendly.. unless you switch between drawn characters to animation generated ones. I will most likely redo them in a drawn format. Then again, I could just make a series of flash games... that would be logical.

The basic concept of the ship still stands true. I mean they will look very similar.

Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:45 pm
Profile WWW

Post a
[color=orange]
~~~Installment 3~~~

Leet Atol was now truly on his own. He parked the Hida in orbit around the sun and looked out on the beauty of the brilliant billions of stars that make up his corner of the universe. He had never seen so much glory even on his last trip into space. It was amazing how man had radiated from the Home World to blanket the universe with their empire. Yet still more incredible is others are doing the same, reaching their affluence across the void into life.

He felt the inexplicable draw of all space travelers, to return to the mother Earth. He changed heading and now he really was flying, no autopilot, he could feel the stars slide beneath him and a whole world grew under the power of his flight.

The Earth home to billions teaming in caves of steal, never looking out on the beauty of the universe or in at the beauty of the world and the human race, but Leet saw this from his godly prospective, he saw the worlds as gods see. Leet was broken from his reverie by a klaxon sound triggered by a boarding request. A burst of interstellar static and the message came through, “This is EarthForce Cadet Lysander, boarding request issued for reason: unregistered flight object.â€

Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:42 pm

The characters and ships will be on a 2D Plain but, because it will be located inside of ships and so on, it would be best to keep all the artwork as the same drawing style. Rotating images/warping them also lowers quality.

Let's stop posting about the client for now, it is in the Rules of the thread.

Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:35 pm
Profile WWW

Post a
Just a little confused by client comment but i assume that means im not to ask questions :roll:

Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:58 pm

Post Re: a
Trouser23 wrote:
Just a little confused by client comment but i assume that means im not to ask questions :roll:

Sorry I meant movie development. I was planning on making a custom plugin for Adobe flash to make the series easily. So I have the "client" on my mind.

Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:23 pm
Profile WWW

New Ship Added, keep it up.. the few of you which are writing.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Traders
Main: Nargos
Level: 1287

The IronDeer was the name of my ship, my new ship, although an odd one. It was brand new off of the factories of the home world, revised and rebuilt to compensate for the lions weaknesses. It was faster, had almost double the sheilds and the adamantium percentage in the armor plating was increased from the old 23% to an amazing 68%. The adamantium compound was even ionized during the cooling process, allowing for a greater resistance to energy based attacks aswell as increasing the melting point of the compound, making heat weapons less effective against it. It was also lined with a diamond coating, giving greater refraction of lasers. Truely a masterpeice.

"Those guys down in the tech center sure outdid themselves this time, I thought to myself as I undocked from the station. The emporer had issued this ship to me personally, an extremely rare honor. Well, I thought, I have killed more of the human scum the any other piolet. I guess I deserve this."

"Sir, we are forming up on your wing."

I opened up my comm channel and quickly responded "Roger that lieutenent, Hollow A formation". Just then, 4 lions joined my wing, 2 on each side forming a arrowhead shape. We were heading to the front lines, to join the invasion force. Our mission was to destroy a small attack group heading for the prince, before they could reach there destination.

"Prepare for jump to location" I ordered over the comm.

Then, we jumped. The initial shock disoriented me for a few seconds, but as a seasoned piolet I had learned to deal with it. Then all of a sudden, we came under attack.

"Sir, we just lost strike members 2 and 3, and 4 has suffered critical damage!"

"Damnit!" I said aloud. This was no small force attempting to assasinate the prince, this was a whole battalion of human scum. Ships of every class were here, and were dropping the princes guards like flys. The prince himself seemed to be holding his own, but it would not be long before his ships systems would begin to take damage. In and out my squad flew, but not before the remaining two members of my strike force were taken out. The lions V2 rockets were simply too slow to take out the barrage of light and heavy fighters swarming the location. I new that my rockets, although greatly enhanced with a fusion-discharge core each, would not fair much better against the fast moving targets. The freighters in the back, however, would not be able to evade effectively. Quickly, I launched 2 rockets, and in around 5 seconds, they impacted. Not only were the two targets I shot at destroyed, but when the fusion cores detonated on impact, a 2 large blasts damaged a squad of surrounding light and heavy fighters. "Hmm, it seems that those rockets do pack more of a punch" I thought to myself as I avoided a stream of mag shots. I switched to my lasers, as to proceed in more evasive combat. It was almost beautiful, as my 4 blood red lasers erupted from their cannons. Quickly, I tore down the heavy fighters, but the light fighters moving at such high speeds, avoided my shots with ease. Just then 3 of the fighters rushed and my ship, and launched what the zaphragi have come to know as "mercurian disinigraters". These weapons were incredably dangerous energy damage, good thing that armor plating was ionized. I would need all the defense I could get. Just before they 6 shots hit, I remember thinking that I was going to die there, and take this ship with me. But amazingly enough, my sheild held. I lost 60 percent of my sheild strength, but I was still alive. There was no time to waste however. Quickly I turned my ship around, and shot down 2 of the 3 fighters who had been so arrogant as to attack my ship. I wasn't safe yet though. 3 more light fighters quickly approached and prepared to fire. I new that I woulden't hold against another wave of MD's, and now I was sure I would die. Atleast I would have taken over half of the attack group with me. Just before I was vaporised in a blast of energy, however, the prince stepped in. He took the blow to his sheilds, and quickly launched some torpedos, destroying the remaining craft. Then, the comm channel opened.

"Thank you warrior, you have done well today. The human attack group was a danger to me, and you slaughtered more of the scum then even I did. As of now, my zebra reinforcements are arriving, and will mop up whats left of these pitiful beings. I will be sure to inform my father that his investment has paid off, and you will be rewarded. Now you are relieved, return to the home world and rest. Well done warrior."

So I engaged my auto piolet back home, and relaxed.

1 galactic week later I had recieved a promotion from the emporer. I was to given control of an elite battle group commissioned for the emporers personal defense. All of us, of course, were flying the new lion class and were ready for the elimination of the human, and now paxian, races. "We will take their universe for ourselves, I promise you." I said boldly to my new battalian as we set out on our first mission from the emporer. The annihilation of their "Lyceum Guardian".

Hope it wasn't too long :P.

HAL in response to reaver laser nerf--"Translation: I am quitting the game because my enemy can sometimes fight back now."

Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:54 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: The man of an idiot
Level: 532

Post Forgotten class Battlecruiser : The Broken star
Cruising back from another raid into the Serengeti Sector, Captain Alonzo was on edge for any new bogies on the radar scans, even in a Forgotten class battle cruiser, Serengeti was as dangerous as any Warp 4 zone. So far it was all the same nothing and nothing, but around here you never knew....
--------------------------------------------------------------------
About 5000 km away under heavy cloaking and using the finest stealth augmenters, a Rhino class capital ship drifted powered off and scanning for more prey, suddenly it's captain spotted it, the sleek black, turreted hull of The broken satr, powering its way to the warp hole back to the safe zone in Lyceum. Calling all hands to battle stations, the monstrous Capital ship dropped it's clock and powered up it's heavy weapons.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Crap!, Capital ship on our six, came out of nowhere!" the long range scans operator, Lt. Clarkson shouted, panicking

"Calm down! Fire up our main guns, and prep our missiles for launch, i want 8 Tunder missiles in the tubes five minutes ago" Alonzo called back

"New contact!, fighters, a whole load of the suckers!, Analyzing..... Fast movers, cant tell what weapons they have!" the el-tee shouted

"First lieutenant Olson, you have the controls for our point defense batteries, get a flak belt out here NOW!" Alonzo stayed cool, but still was worried, his ship was extremely loaded with loot, a Rhino was the last thing they needed.

"Missiles armed and loaded sir!," an ensign at the Fire control station called ,"Calculating firing solutions, coming online in one minute tops!"

Suddenly, a series of dull thumps sounded through out the ship, signaling the point defenses coming online. This fight has just begun....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Broken Star fighter launch bays

Second lieutenant Waldo sprinted for his Space blue beta fighter, a pirate ship that was captured during a small tangle in a Warp 1 zone, he vaulted the fence into the pit for his fighter and landed in the heavy fighter's cockpit. Suddenly a feminine artificial voice sounded over the Inter com.

"All single ship pilots are to report to their stations and prepare for battle, briefings have been loaded into your neuro links already, good hunting"

Waldo sighed as the familiar power up and calibration sequence in his fighter ran automatically, the cockpit's hatch closed and then polarized and de-polarized adjusting it's settings, finally Waldo felt the fighter begin to move as the rail mounted dolly his fighter rested on began to move and shift his fighter into a launch tube, he knew on the other end of that tube, would be all manner of hell and bedlam, the young lieutenant took a deep breath, before receiving the all clear for launch, and he engaged th main engines

"Well here goes nothing..."

To be continued.....

Hope you enjoy it, i whipped this out of no where so sue me if you dont like it :P[/i]

Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:51 am
Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

Well, Virax was walking along when suddenly, he was attackedby an army of ten thousand Kieths. They sized each other up, and a battle ensued, Virax was turned into a pizza buffet.

https://sect.news/

Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:57 am
Profile WWW
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: The Reaper
Level: 3189

Post Broken Star story
*Here's a short story about the uber forgotten class broken star ship*

It was a fierce, hard, and deep raid into the heart of the earthforce empire. The Ur'Quan first started in a subtitle way...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24 hours ago -enigmatic sector-
"SIR! the Ur'Quan are attac---"
The paxian commander looked out his Pax Astra knowing his fabled resists could stand up to the best heat based weapons the Ur'Quan, but what he saw stunned him it wasn't the Ur'Quan that were attacking is was something unexpected a unknown ship from the event horizon. He told his crew,
"Set lasers to deadly force we must stop this damned thing!"
With a mighty glow the lasers fired but the ship seemed not to feel it. Six monster guns on the top fired a single barrage of fire...
"Don't worry, it looks heat based..."
Suddenly the Pax Astra imploded leaving a shattered hull with no survivors.
*End of log*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile -Iq'bana to 1 hop within sol-
The Ur'quan witnessed this destruction in the enigmatic sector then knew that the forces would be to involved with trying to destroy this unknown threat to notice that a entire fleet of the Ur'Quan's best fighter had developed warp 4 drive to shortcut past many of the Earthforce's outposts.
The Ur'quan had developed a new type of gun to ignore all resist on any ship and to reverse them. Once they reached warp 1 They massacred all resistant bases and ships and rapidly in 24 hour's time reach within just 1 hop of sol the ultimate prize...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24 hour's after the start of the attack -south warp3-
The bold attack caused by just 1 unknown ship had destroyed almost all paxian outposts and anything else. The only galaxies saved from this assault was the galaxy Iq'bana and the galaxies deeper then even that. The unknown ship seemed to leave all suns dark and broken. Later the majority of the universe decided to call the the ship, "Broken Star". The unique radar of this ship allowed it to see not only the galaxy it was in, but onward through wormhole into other galaxies. When the Broken Star saw what was happening in Sol he immediately set his warp 5 drive and in a flick warped into sol...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5minutes before Broken Star warped -Sol-
The Ur'quan fleet had finally broke through the defenses into the heart of the Earthforce's empire, Sol. The Fuzz fought bravely but it was for not, they were no match for the Uq'quan deadly new weapon. Many of the humans had tried to use their mighty MD's and heat weapons to save the universe, but one by one they fell. Suddenly when all hope was lost and earth herself was to be blown, the mighty Broken Star came in and all six of it guns fired at the main ship leading the Uq'Quan was destroyed. Then one by one the other large ships were destroyed. The Uq'quan fleet was halfway destroyed and in the disorder they began to run. The Uq'quan's warp4 drives were only expected to be used once and they expected total universe domination and retreated to Iq'bana slowly losing 75% of the survivors on the way to the Broken star's relentless attacks.
After the Broken Star's attack -Iq'Bana-
The Uq'quan had fortified the system greatly when the invasion turned sour. They did not expect the Broken Star to to foolhardy enough to try and "Solo Bana" as the humans even said it was impossible. Then The broken star began it's attack...
It's my first story based on StarSonata. Hope you enjoy it as much as i enjoyed writing it.

Last edited by yiut on Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:07 pm
Team: The Juice
Main: Unununium
Level: 1712

That's how it began. The commander of the Fuzz class ship "S.S. Santa Clara" was being called to what may have been and may still be his last mission.

*Commander?*

**Sorry. Needed some coffee**

*Commander this is no time to be drinking coffee. The Iq'Bana have attacked Paxius. They need our help; quickly.*

**I'll get right on that. Pilots, set the course from Sol to Paxius, and try and avoid Jackal, I hear there's some aggro bases there that I would hate to lay waste to.**

***Aye, Commander.***

Upon entering the wormhole to Paxius, something strange happened. Controls dimmed... and out of the glass there was an ominous red and purple glow.

**This is your commander speaking. Shut down all excessive power units and turn on your cloaking devices, immediately. I've got a bad feeling about this.**

Six more ships warped in next to the Santa Clara but only 5 more began to cloak.

"hoo HOOO BITCHES!!! What ya'll scared of? What ya'll need is some good ol' fashioned discipline!"

Johnson fired a Faranji Gatling laser several times at the Santa Clara, popping a diffuser.

"Sorry, chief."

All seven ships were now cloaked, and in a special formation. As they came upon Paxius Prime, the glow got more intense, and the order was given to hold position. The Santa Clara slowly docked at the base and began searching -

This wasn't Paxius Prime anymore.

The Ur'Quan ships had transformed Paxius Prime into some kind of.... hell? No no not hell. Just another one of their damn spacebases.

BOOM.

The side of the station shook hard.

"COMMANDER!!! We're being shot at!! Damnit, RUN!"

Several more explosions and a searing sound were imminent. When the Commander undocked... There weren't 6 ships left. There were 2. And they weren't ours.

>>

Commander are you okay?

I'm fine.

What happened out there?

We're gonna need some more guns.

That we are. Your ship was found floating a massive 335k out from the Jackal wormhole... We got Calypso to bring you back in but it was rough. Calypso died saving you, Commander. Damn aggro bases. Good thing Sol isn't far, we wiped those bases in no time.

Calypso.. brave soul. I bought crack whores from him once upon a time.

>

Commander, wake up.

What?

*coughs* Apparently your coffee didn't do you much good after all.

Suck it.

Rather not. Anyway. News is in - More galaxies... they've been taken..

What the... where?!

Sir I'd rather no---

WHICH ONES!?

Baade's Galaxy's A and C.

I'm sorry commander.

MY FAMILY

I know Baade. I know.

Grrr...

Sir don't--

*Smack*

- The commander ran out of the room and got into his Hermes augged Porpoise. He knew it was risky... but it was a risk he had to take.

Sol's station took three shots at the Porpoise and it was badly damaged... But he made it to the wormhole and managed to regenerate before warping into Baade's Galaxy A.

The galaxy was dark... No stations were reported on the radar, no stations were in visi--- One station. An Iq'Bana kit was lain on a non moving planet. The porpoise got close and a stream of pulse shots barely clipped his ship, leaving his engines disabled.

The commander shot his last defense.... He shot the one unspeakable weapon at the Iq'Bana base... He shot the Blowworm.

Several seconds passed and several pulse shots hit the Commander... but there were results.
The base slowly started dying.

----

The Commander ran to sol in his escape pod. He docked and got greeted by strange looks from shady people and shady looks from strange people and this and that and the other and he made his way to his living quarters where two Marines stood next to the General.

That was some brave shit you pulled out there, B.

eh.

We have a ship for you. Heat resistant. Mining resistant. Laser resistant.

We need you to go into Iq'Bana.

------------------

The ship was sleek and agile, unlike anything he's seen before. With some newly acquired credit foundation from the General the ship was fully outfitted for a war.

He walked out with his chin high and stepped aboard his ship - possibly for the last time. He gathered his crew and they set off.

In a spectacular display of lights, the ship set off into space... out of Sol and into the Bana region of the plotted starmap.

Commander this is HQ what is your status?

Nothing to report.

Thank you commander. Is it nice out there?

Hahaha. It's plenty nice out here. We haven't had any action since the last Juju that warped through here.

Ha, Commander, you havn't had any action since you were a teenager.

On the contrary---- What the hell?

-A bright flash emitted in front of them... a purple thorax it seemed.

Commander??? Status report

Hold on!

Three radiation thoraxes hit the side of the ship leaving the thrusters full blast going left.

Commander! 3 Thorax bullets just hit starboard!

What's shooting?

--Static--

*minutes later when the commander regains consciousness*

Lieutenant... that's not a juju.

Last edited by dragon_Z56 on Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:36 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: The man of an idiot
Level: 532

------------------------------------------------
Broken star missile launch bay 7

The badly damaged compartment would have explosively decompressed if someone even tapped the wafer thin armor, but for Chief petty officer Lois Cal, her job was to make sure her team loaded the self-propelled cans of whoop ass into their tubes and have them armed when the call comes in.

"Need a fresh booster on this one!"

"Tunder missile tubed and ready for launch!"

"Crap, were down to our last six missiles"

"Damn, why the hell didn't the sensors pick the d amn beast of a capital ship up anyway?"

"Shut up and get those missiles in their tubes"

Typical chit chat in the cramped quarters where five crew members are tasked with fueling, arming, maintenance and loading of torpedoes, missiles, recon drones and in the most desperate of situations even drones.

"Locked on shield hardpoint of enemy capital ship" Ensign Phorse reported to the captain.

"Fire at will"

"With pleasure" was the muttered response and the deep guttural shoomp! of the missiles being propelled out of the tube reverberated throughout the compartment.

On the ensign's screen a yellow blip appeared from the Star's Port side and began homing in on the Rhino's shield generator, and he watched as the blip suddenly expanded in a spectral purple glow and engulfed the monstrous capital ship, the shields flickered then died.

"Yee haw! dead on captain, main guns are clear to pick it off!"

"Affirmative bay seven"

Even though the crew were veterans, no one ever knew when their enemy would just pop a shield re generator and suddenly fight back with the anger of gods in them.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Broken Star Ship to Ship gun battery 2

The turret's armor was pockmarked with countless holes where lasers, energy bolts, missiles and physical damage projectiles had hit the Broken Star, usually during this time of the raid, the nanobots would be patching up the hull and updating the existing hull with a new compound to keep the whole thing together. Petty officer Langely Soryan ha learned the routines of the Broken Star only months ago, since he and his gun crew, formerly a gun crew on an NCC bulk trader still had yet to learn to properly operate the heavy ships to ship cannon they were currently manning.

"Hold on, commander were still changing out the magazine"

A flustered Petty officer Langely reported in through the com, their battery was the only one not in it's shake down cycle so gun battery two had to fill in for it's comrades.

"Mag change complete" the computerized voice of the AI droned from the ammunition control console. "finally! time to lay some hurt" thought Langely as he flipped the manual controls on, the cross hair came up immediately and he centered it on the unshielded Rhino's mid-riff.

"Target acquired requesting weapons free captain"

"Weapons free granted Petty officer"

"Going loud"

The loud reports of the battery's 3 main guns firing was only made more prominent by the huge plumes of light that erupted from the guns' barrels and the lances of light slammed into the Rhino, but suddenly the rounds collapsed in on themselves, leaving a small field of shrapnel surrounding the Rhino.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What the heck just happened...."

"Its another shield sir, sensors didn't pick it up"

"Shiieetttt"

To be continued....

Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:43 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next