Imperial Seals for Calypso?
Yes 70%  70%  [ 23 ]
No 30%  30%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 33

Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1800

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
Post Imperial Seals
Calypso took Emperor twice, back when it wasn't fashionable to do it without resistance, when it wasn't fashionable to invite the entire playerbase to your team, when it was HARD. What did Calypso get for it? Two items named after him, two levels in Aug Tweaking, Leadership 3 and a galaxy named after him. What's missing from that list? Imperial Seals. Back when it was still hard to take Emperor (due to PvP opposition NOT colonies) this reward wasn't given, yet people that managed to pull the run off in Rainbowland with creampuff mittens did? Calypso is very upset due to this fact and feels that he should be given 2 Runs worth of Seals to distrubute to the people that were on his team during his runs, back when you had to work hard at defending a galaxy from invaders, back when Emperor wasn't a joke. Calypso demands that his request is met, since it's utterly and wholey unfair to him and the people that worked so hard to help him take Emperor.

EDIT:: Don't forget about Bedevere, he worked hard too, and didn't get any seals.

Calypso

Last edited by Calypso on Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:18 pm
Main: Shock
Level: 473

Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:21 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Sanct Germaine
Level: 4523

While you admins are giving him his Imp Seals. One of my members just came back a few weeks ago and missed out on the Aug reset a few months ago. So hey, give him an aug reset too while your at it.

NB

Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:31 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bizman
Level: 11051

Yes, give him his seals, but take away AT from his extra chars that got it - and everyone else that got it on more than one char per account :P

I do support you Caly, you should get seals - but if you call our emp runs a joke again then I'ma pod you and ford is gonna pod you. Plus I'll keep Ceous/Blackdragons Death Striker and you'll never hear the end of that!

Muahahahahaha.

:D :D

Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:41 pm
Main: Shock
Level: 473

They were a joke and I hope it's going to change.

Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:42 pm
Main: Comet Chaser
Level: 2441

While you admins are giving him his Imp Seals. One of my members just came back a few weeks ago and missed out on the Aug reset a few months ago. So hey, give him an aug reset too while your at it.

NB

<looks at Izer with ares \ akoQojii \ zeus>

Don't think its going to happen.

Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:47 pm
Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

https://sect.news/

Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:51 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
I have a secret? Wow, uber?! Now if I could find out my secret.

Also, taking away AT from the extra chars I got it on wouldn't do anything, they all have AT 3 (forgot to max AT on them before I pulled off the run).

Bizman, the emp runs wouldn't be a joke, but the pop requirement is so high that you NEED to pull them off that way. It's not your fault they're a joke, they just are. Perhaps the admins could lower the requirement to say, 25-30%? That would make it so you didn't need to rely on other teams to pull it off.

Calypso

Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:26 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Gurjit
Level: 666

yeh pop requirements definately need to be lowered, it would be more interesting too if two teams attempted it at once, we would see a much more explosive and violent universe.

Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:27 pm
Main: Lt.Nelson+
Level: 5

When Caly you only needed 30% population. Wasn't changed to 50% until after Bedevere stopped Praetorians emp run.

Also, different rewards were given back then. People were able to give AT to several different chars on an account. Emps got a gal named after them. There is now a Calypso galaxy. I don't see a Bizman of fordial1 galaxy. DWO had a galaxy named after him for one of his runs, but didn't get a second item named after him for one of his runs too. Isn't there the Caly aug and a Caly Charger?

All that said, Caly has a point about the PvP. It was much tougher back then.

Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:52 pm
Profile YIM
Main: Gurjit
Level: 666

You got what was promised to you. You knew it when you ran. *shrug* If you want the new rewards... become emp again.

I dunno... Should we apply every change retroactively?

thats my opinion too

Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:03 am
Main: Scoundy
Level: 117

Caly, your my brother and all but I don't think you should get those seals. You know why, Mr. I like to make invincible bases, and Mr. I like to build bases in Sol. :wink:

Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:10 am

Maybe the change shouldn't be retroactive, but the way this game seems to work, most new content is retroactive. Look at the Nexus. All the missions and content in that new area are all aimed at people under level 20, BUT people that were level 20 before that area existed can still do it. Same with nearly all the other content of that nature. What makes Imperial Seals any different.

Considering the power of what I missed out on just because I was here before Atlum became a developer doesn't really adhere to the trends this game seems to set. Also, consdering how much more effort it took to physically take emperor, (there was NO base that could be built that would stand up to an assault without player intervention), I think that it's only fair I and the other's that missed out on these benefits are rewarded with them.

Calypso

Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:13 am
Main: Lt.Nelson+
Level: 5

Not all new content is retroactive. When EE20 was made so that you had to kill MS to get it, those who got it the easy way got to keep it. When AT4 was available in stations, lots of people got it, and were allowed to keep it after it was taken out of stations.

I got EQ20 for myself, my alts, and loads of other people when Copper was piss easy and spawned every 45 mins. All those people got to keep Copper 20.

Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:18 am
Profile YIM