Should Slaves have the Player's aug tweak added?
Yes, immediatly, and it should stay on 46%  46%  [ 19 ]
No they were way to broken 15%  15%  [ 6 ]
Yes, atleast until slave Tweaking is implemented 39%  39%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 41

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dr Junkie
Level: 2230

Think it will be added NEXT UNI(!!!) so we just have to suck the rest of this one.

I can understand that sometimes some problems might arise that demands a instant fix/band-aid, and the real problem can't be solved until the next uni. However, this said, I don't think the Slaves needed a fix(nerf). They were imo ok balanced.

Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:14 pm
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

I also agree that slaves are retarded, but I don't see the use of bitching and moaning and throwing hate at the dev team. They made a decision, we might not like it, but all the 'OMG DO THIS OR IMA QUIT, CHANGE IT BACK, ETC' is really imo, quite annoying.

Sure, I got hit by this (not AS hard since I didn't stack bonuses like the people with 3 Athena Wardens, I made well rounded combat slave), on my seer, but you don't hear me whining in the forums. I just moved on, lowered the level of my prey, and started leveling a bit more slowly, without flaming the admins.

They'll find a solution that hopefully appeases the slave masters, and then we can see what happens, until then there isn't much of a reason to keep making these threads.

Calypso

I agree in a way but atm I'm truly stuck doing team admin stuff atm until I can get the cash to change skill class or they do something about it. I think I have a right to bitch and moan when thats what I'm paying for. As I've said all i'm using it for it a rather elaborate chat client. Doesn't it seem reasonable that if thats my only reason for playing that I'd want to leave?

As far as I see it there was no need to alter it at all. I really can't be any fairer especially as they don't be seem to be doing anything to reconcile things. I know you've been pressuring them to do something but I dont have the luxury of being able to talk to them so far as I can see I have another 2 months (presuming a uni time of 2 months now) before anything will be done. They could easily change it back without harming anything and then when they have the new things such as Slave AT, they can resume things from that point. How would it feel if they -60% on merchant ships?

~ferret

Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:23 pm
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

However, this said, I don't think the Slaves needed a fix(nerf). They were imo ok balanced.

I disagree. They needed a fix. But this is not a fix. They went from totally overpowered to totally useless, that's not a fix. It's removing a problem with a new problem. I think the admins should have had a solution to the problem, at least a temporary solution of the problem before doing a "fix". Billions of invested creds worthless.

The slaves was fine last uni, so I don't get the problem with this uni...

Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:51 pm
Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

https://sect.news/

Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:32 pm
Profile WWW

slaves r just fine...they still be ubah :P

I believe you have pretty much been banned in the same period.....so you don't know about slaves....

Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:41 pm
Team: EternaI
Main: Big K
Level: 899

slaves suk balls fix them i lost almost 10K shield bank on one of my fighting slaves they suk now they have lost alot of damage to

Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:45 pm
Main: Jenius
Level: 481

whether or not it should be put back, slaves are pussies now compared to all other specs and something should be done about it...maybe give aug tweaking bonus before slave bonus, that way its just normal aug tweaking for the ship.

Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:19 pm
Profile YIM
Main: Shadow-Blade-Iathan
Level: 69

Add Aug tweaking to slaves, but there would be a problem whereas you could have your ship be a Wingship4 and have all these augs and crap, and you could have 3 slaves, Wing4s, say that yu add aug tweakins, ITS a exact copy of the player, besides the manuevering.

Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:23 pm
Main: _Emrys
Level: 1036

Quote:
However, this said, I don't think the Slaves needed a fix(nerf). They were imo ok balanced.

I disagree. They needed a fix. But this is not a fix. They went from totally overpowered to totally useless, that's not a fix. It's removing a problem with a new problem. I think the admins should have had a solution to the problem, at least a temporary solution of the problem before doing a "fix". Billions of invested creds worthless.

The slaves was fine last uni, so I don't get the problem with this uni...

Or, since a straight solution would be challengeing to come up with quickly...or thats how it seems anyways, they just take little nerf steps...say something gets a 50% dmg bonus, they say its too overpowered, instead of nerfing it to like 25% like tehy always have, nerf it down to 40%...if that seems good enough leave it, if not take it down to 35%...

Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:43 am
Profile WWW

Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:04 am
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

I've not seen any proper admin feedback as to why it was taken out and why things where unbalanced before apart from the 'it was a bug line' which we all know it wasn't.

As far as I can see people who arnt even slavers dont like what they've done to slaves I've yet to see anyone who actually plays say it was a good idea.

~ferret

Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:05 am