Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Team: Traders
Main: Wasup999998
Level: 1921

Post UZ
Stasised ships can spawn GSA's in UZ... atleast on test... this doesn't mean go stasis a locution 4k south of the gate to lyceum...

Ha!

Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:14 pm

Why exactly is this a bug? Its supposed to happen, at least the design indicates it should. Thats like saying a slave shouldnt spawn them. Obviously I could be wrong.

Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:06 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

not so much that it shouldn't happen but its abusable to make it harder/more annoying for people to do uz... stasis a popr or w/e 4k south and leave...

Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:55 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

player isnt in ship, its dead anyway

I think this needs fixing

Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:58 pm
Profile WWW

Doesn't the player have to be logged on? If not that is wrong. Just make it so that if the player is not in the galaxy or logged on it wont spawn GSA.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:53 am
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

no it spwns it bc there is a ship there not a spirit

Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:05 pm

It spawns because of a stasised ship. I noticed this on test server when I was bored playing around. STRIKER1's rosy was stasised in there (and has been for almost a week) and every 30 minutes it spawns a GSA. Unless for some reason someone has been logged on sitting in there in a stealthy ship far enough out to spawn the south GSA for almost a week now, its a bug.

Basically, this could be used to mass-grief people because stasising 4 ships in the 4 directions and leaving them there to go along on your own normal business would shut down uz for the most part because most people would not take the time or effort to kill 4 GSA's at once along with the normal spawn unless they knew a boss was up and didn't care about taking assloads of people...

Ha!

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:27 am
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 7871

Wasn't it against the rules or something to test tactics for content on the test server???

I have reasons for why I do things.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:23 am
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

Wasn't it against the rules or something to test tactics for content on the test server???

Its not against the rules as far as i know, just not encouraged.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:28 pm

I was bored running around and noticed a GSA spawned in UZ, so sue me? I guess technically Striker1 was testing more than me because he found out how to spawn gsa's to begin with and continue afterwards.

I still do believe that the test server should be limited to a few trusted testers who can 1) have access "admin land" (aka everyhing for sale for 1 each) and/or possible admin powers over test server ONLY and 2) thoroughly test new code added to the server. Each login you must log what you are there to test and any results you found. Since there will be fewer people on the test server overall, the logs will be much cleaner for admins to tell if people are abusing their powers. Abuse of the powers would result in revocation of powers and temp/perm ban from SS. This is a different topic so post about it in here and I will grab a sledgehammer and make it impossible for you to comprehend the english language ever again.

The point is, I can take four 2-hermes augged wingship IV's and stasis them in the 4 directions that you can spawn gsa's in any lvl of uz (including boss rooms, effectively shutting off a certain boss from being done until the ships have been removed). Pretty much this would make it possible for me to camp every uz boss whenever I damn well pleased because 4x gsa in any boss room is a REAL pain in the ass (most squads cant take just 1 spawn of gsa's, much less 4).

Ha!

Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:47 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]